Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Been busy here at Casa Campbell, between Oz growing up, weird weather, trip to North Carolina to see family (and our friends Neil, Dana, Sophie & Henry), and swim class.  But overall, things have been going well.  Oz eats like a frat boy, downing bottles and eating solids like you wouldn't believe.  And he's working on mastering the art of eating cheerios very quickly, which the pup loves, since he gets anything that falls (which is still a lot).

And we have had crazy spring weather here as well.  Some awesome, gorgeous days around 85, but....currently we have 2 inches of snow on the ground and it's quite gloomy out.  I guess nice for tea anyway, but I really didn't think Oz would still be wearing the wool jacket I knit him this late in the year.

However, I also got to take a wonderful class at Fancy Tiger with a friend for A-line skirts, which was a lot of fun and produced this:
I am planning to make several more, as these would be perfect for spring/summer weather (not the snow though!), and have the fabric ready to go.  I made a second one, a bit different, out of one yard of rose-designed retro looking fabric and added a ruffle for length, even though it was a stretch to do one with just one yard.  After doing it once, it is really quite easy and quick to bust these out, taking about one long naptime, or more likely these days, 2 medium length naptimes (not me but Oz of course).

Speaking of the little guy, we had our first swim class on Saturday, and he had a lot of fun splashing around in the water and watching other babies.  I can't wait for next week, as I think he will really enjoy each class.

And also on sat night, Kyle and I went to see the Denver Roller Dolls play a double header up in Broomfield.  We saw the Mile High Club beat the Texecutioners, and the Bruising Altitude soundly beat O-Town Derby Dames from Utah.  It was a lot of fun, and we can't wait to go back again.  Also nice to have a date night, thanks to my lovely mom who babysat for us.  Luckily since he goes to bed pretty early, evenings around here aren't too bad, but it sure is nice to leave every now and then.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Becky, you look great! And Oz is getting so big. Also, I REALLY LIKE the A-line skirt. Maybe you could share the pattern???

Becky said...

Well, it more depends on your own measurement around the hip/largest part, then you draft your own pattern. Here is a link (http://sew-mad.blogspot.com/2007/03/basic-line-skirt-drafting.html) that is very detailed on how to draft your pattern, or this book (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1580176259?tag=z10.10.03-20) But if you would like, I can copy the pattern I drafted for me and the instructions, mail it to you, and you can make any changes you need to.