Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fun mail and crazy weekends

So after much work and planning, this year's Sheep-to-Shawl for Estes Wool Market is officially over, and it was a blast.  I'll post more details (and pics!) about it later, but for now I'm taking a mini break from spinning.  Which for me means some sewing, yay!

Waiting for me in the mail on Saturday was this sweet little package of fat quarters from Alissa as part of the SMS giveaway.  So cute and inspiring, I can't wait to start planning a new project.  Any ideas?

I've also tried my hand at making a 90 min shirt from this awesome tutorial from Dana at MADE.  I came across her awesome blog during the Celebrate the Boy month, and I have been wanting to try one for a long time.  It was a lot of fun to sew, and I know I will be making a lot more, once I have some softer T-shirt material and tweak my pattern a bit for a better fit.  The t-shirt I used was from hubby's pile of  uncomfy shirts, which features his fav car, the 1970 Dodge Charger.  Only fitting our little boy follow in his daddy's car preferences, right?  Next up, have to find him a Porsche and a Volkswagon shirt, for his mommy's car tastes.  Or I might try and attempt a freezer paper stencil design of the ubiquitous VW Bug or maybe a Thing.

Otherwise, the weather here has been a bit crazy, but mostly nice and summery, which means not only have I been making a few more skirts for me (I love it!  So comfy and easy to wear), but I have been eating more fruit and baking some favorites, like tasty cherry clafoutis.  Again, I love the recipe from Mark Bittman, but with a little bit of almond extract added, it's wonderful (and right now I'm too lazy, but if anyone wants my adapted recipe, let me know, k?).   And I joined the local CSA with a friend, as I have missed giving it up since California.  So far, the first batch was mostly lots of lettuces, plus some parsley and cilantro and spinach, so it look like lots of salad for us for a bit.  In general, I have found this site to be a great resource for ideas with all the veggies, and again, the Bittman cookbooks are great too.  My mom recently got me this great book for fruits, as a library weed, and the complimentary one for veggies looks good too. 

And...baby pic!

3 comments:

M+J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M+J said...

Oz is getting so big!!! I love those cheeks :-)

Rebekah said...

Oz is so cute! I am jealous of your sewing time.